Back in December before we went to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl, the Husband made a CD full of tunes that we all know by heart. It's amazing how fast time passes as we travel along, everyone singing loudly and half out of tune.
Partial playlist (from memory):
- Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing, She Runs Away
- Indigo Girls - Closer to Fine, Kid Fears
- Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe
- the Urge- Four Letters and Two Words
- Jack Johnson - Better Together
- Guggenheim Grotto - And A Tear Isn't a Bad Thing
- REM - Driver 8
- Johnny Cash - Personal Jesus
- Eve 6 - Jet Pack
- REM - Swan Swan H
- Throwing Muses - Counting Backwards
- Keep the vocals in the tenor/alto range.
- Include a variety of musical styles. I couldn't remember the whole list from the disk above, but there's hard rock, pop, ska, fast, slow.
- Make it music everyone enjoys,
includingespecially the adults.